+ Cars of the Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
- Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Civic model
Preparatory actions and the list of repair procedures which can be executed without extraction of the engine from the car
Reduction of the piston of the first cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (TDP)
Removal and installation of a cover of a head of cylinders
Removal and installation of the inlet pipeline
Removal and installation of a final collector
The VTEC systems - the general information and check of a condition of components
Removal, check of a state and installation of assembly of yokes
Replacement of valvate springs with plates and maslootrazhatelny caps
Removal, check of a state and installation of a gas-distributing belt and cogwheels of the GRM drive
Replacement of a forward epiploon of a bent shaft
Removal, check of a state and installation of the camshaft
Removal and installation of a head of cylinders
Removal and installation of the pallet of a case of the engine
Removal, check of a state and installation of the oil pump
Removal and installation of a flywheel / driving disk
Replacement of a back epiploon of a bent shaft
Check of a state and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit
+ Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Integra model
+ General and capital repairs of the engine
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Gear shifting box
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Removal and installation of a head of cylinders
Before getting to work, wait for full cooling of the engine.
|1. Bring the piston of the first cylinder into the provision of VMT of the end of a step of compression (see Reduction of the piston of the first cylinder in the provision of the top dead point (TDP)).
2. Disconnect a negative wire from the battery.
If the stereosystem established on the car is equipped with a security code before disconnecting the battery make sure that you have the correct combination for input of the audio system in action!
3. Empty the cooling system and turn out spark plugs (see the Head Routine maintenance).
4. Remove the air cleaner with an air inlet sleeve (see the Head of the Power supply system and release).
5. Take off driving belts of auxiliary units (see the Head Routine maintenance). Otboltite the steering pump also take him aside, without disconnecting hydraulic lines, then remove an arm of the steering pump (see the Head Podvesk and steering).
6. Disconnect a cable of an accelerator and dump pressure in a power supply system (see the Head of the Power supply system and release).
7. Disconnect the following hoses and lines (see Chapters of the Power supply system and release and the Control system of the engine):
a) Fuel supply hose;
b) Hose of system of catching of fuel evaporations (EVAP);
c) Ventilating hose (branch pipe of a sapun);
d) PCV hose.
8. Disconnect perepuskny a cooling system hose, a hose of a heater and the top radiator hose (see the Head of the Cooling system and heating).
9. Disconnect an electrical wiring from the following components:
a) Fuel injection injectors;
b) Sensor of temperature of cooling liquid (CTS);
c) Sensor switch of temperature of cooling liquid;
d) Temperature sensor;
e) Sensor of provision of a butterfly valve (TPS);
f) The sensor of absolute pressure in the pipeline (MAR);
g) The oxygen sensor (and the secondary oxygen sensor on models with the D16Y7 engine);
h) Sensor of the EGR (D16Y5) valve;
i) Electromagnetic VTEC valve (D16Y5 and D16Y8);
j) Sensor switch of pressure of VTEC (D16Y5 and D16Y8);
k) Valve of stabilization of turns of idling (IAC).
10. Prop up the engine a jack (for the purpose of distribution of loading between a head of a jack and the pallet of a case lay wooden whetstone). Remove an arm of the top support of the engine (see Check of a state and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit).
11. Remove the assembly bracket supporting the inlet pipeline and turn out bolts of a flange of a final collector.
12. Uncover a head of cylinders (see Removal and installation of a cover of a head of cylinders).
13. Remove the ignition distributor (see the Head Elektrooborudovaniye of the engine) together with a cover and wires connected to it by VV.
14. Take off a GRM drive belt (see Removal, check of a state and installation of a gas-distributing belt and cogwheels of the GRM drive), assembly of yokes (see Removal, check of a state and installation of assembly of yokes) and the camshaft (see Removal, check of a state and installation of the camshaft).
15. Working as it should be, the return shown on an illustration (see below), in stages (on 1/4 turns for approach) weaken bolts of fastening of a head so that the possibility of their reversing manually appeared. Try to remember an arrangement of each of fixing bolts – at assembly they have to be screwed strictly on former places.
16. Remove a head of cylinders from the engine. If the head does not separate from the block, it is possible to use the lever which should be started between an arm of the steering pump and the block (do not hook a head under the interfaced surface at all). Lay the head removed from the engine on pair of wooden blocks in order to avoid damage of pro-masonry surfaces.
17. The description of procedures of dismantling of a head and check of a condition of its internal components is provided in the Part the General and capital repairs of the engine of the present Chapter. At this stage estimate only planeness of the interfaced surface.
|1. The interfaced surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders have to be absolutely pure and dry.
2. Carefully smooth out the interfaced surfaces of a head and the block of cylinders. Having scratched out the remains of material build laying and coal deposits, wipe surfaces with the rags moistened in acetone. Existence on the interfaced surfaces of material of old laying at the time of installation can bring to violation of tightness of landing of laying and, as a result, development of leaks. Processing the block, a zakuporta of an opening of cylinders rags in order to avoid hit in them small garbage and various foreign objects (as a last resort, carefully vacuum cylinders). As the head and the block of cylinders are made of soft aluminum alloy, act with extra care, trying not to leave on the interfaced surfaces of scratches and zadir (use only brass or plastic instruments for scraping of deposits).
3. Check the interfaced surfaces of a head and the block for existence of deep scratches, zadir and other damages. Easy defects can be eliminated by means of a fine-grained emery paper. In more serious cases the only alternative is the pro-point of components.
4. A tap of the suitable size banish carving openings under bolts of fastening of a head. Serially clamping bolts in a vice for a head, walk on their carving lerky. Existence in rounds of a carving of old sealant, dirt and products of corrosion results in discrepancy of real effort of tightening of fixture to indications of the indicator of a dynamometer key.
5. Lay on the block of cylinders new sealing laying (marking of the TORAHS type up). Grease with sealant of edge of a cover of a gas-distributing belt, interfaced to the block. Accurately install a head of cylinders on the block.
7. Put on a cogwheel a camshaft pin, then establish a gas-distributing belt (see Removal, check of a state and installation of a gas-distributing belt and cogwheels of the GRM drive).
6. Grease a carving and the lower surface of heads of fixing bolts with pure motive oil and screw fixture on the former places. Working in that order (see an accompanying illustration), in four receptions tighten bolts of fastening of a head of cylinders with the required effort (see Specifications). In view of criticality of purpose of bolts, authors of the present manual recommend to observe the following precautionary measures at their tightening:
a) Use of the developed effort of a dynamometer key equipped with the ratchet drive with the limiter is preferable. Otherwise act extremely accurately, trying not to strip a thread incidentally.
b) If at a vvorachivaniye the bolt begins to make any sounds (squeal, a scratch, clicks, etc.), completely turn out it and repeat attempt.
8. Installation of the remained components is made as it should be, the return to an order of their dismantle.
9. Manually slowly turn a bent shaft counterclockwise on two whole revolutions.
If at a provorachivaniye of a shaft there is resistance, immediately stop in order to avoid damage of valves at their contact with the bottoms of pistons.
10. Start the engine and check correctness of installation of a corner of an advancing of ignition (see the Head Routine maintenance).
11. Warm up the engine up to the normal working temperature and check it for existence of signs of leaks. Make sure of serviceability of functioning of the engine.