+ Cars of the Honda Civic and Acura Integra brand
+ Maintenance instruction
+ Routine maintenance
+ Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Civic model
+ Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Integra model
- General and capital repairs of the engine
Check of pressure of oil
Check of compression pressure in cylinders
Diagnostics of a condition of the engine with use of the vacuum gage
Removal from the car of the power unit - preparation and precautionary measures
Removal and installation of the engine
Alternative versions of schemes of recovery repair of the engine
Order of dismantling of the engine by preparation it to capital repairs
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders
Service of valves
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of conrod and piston assemblies
Removal of a bent shaft
Cleaning of the block of the engine
Check of a condition of the block of the engine
Honingovaniye of mirrors of cylinders
Check of a condition of components of conrod and piston group
Check of a condition of a bent shaft
Check of a state and selection of inserts of radical and conrod bearings of a bent shaft
Engine assembly order
Installation of piston rings
Installation of a bent shaft and check of working gaps of radical bearings
Replacement of a back epiploon of a bent shaft
Installation of conrod and piston assemblies and check of size of working gaps in conrod bearings of a bent shaft
Trial start and running in of the engine after capital repairs
+ Cooling system and heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ Control systems of the engine
+ Gear shifting box
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Dismantling of a head of cylinders
The new or restored head of cylinders can always be ordered in a workshop of car service or in a warehouse company service center of the company manufacturer of the car. In view of need of use during dismantling and check of a condition of a head of some special tools, authors of this manual consider, than to be got involved what to the amateur mechanic more simply and cheaper will be to get a replaceable head in rather complex recovery repair of worn-out.
|1. Dismantling of a head of cylinders demands preliminary dismantle of the valvate mechanism (inlet and final valves with the accompanying components). It is meant that pushers and camshafts are already taken from a head (see the Part Repair of the engine without extraction from the car - the Civic model of the present Chapter).
2. Before starting removal of valvate assemblies, prepare the necessary number of appropriately marked plastic bags for folding in them the removed components (see an accompanying illustration).
3. By means of the special tool squeeze springs of the first valve and take from a flute on a core crackers of the cutting lock of a plate (see an accompanying illustration). Carefully release the tool and remove from the valve a plate of springs, springs and their saddle (depending on a complete set).
On the Integra models valvate springs are drowned and their tightening will require a special nozzle to the standard tool.
5. Working in a similar manner, remove the remained valvate assemblies. Put the removed components of each of valves in the separate, equipped with the corresponding label polyethylene – at assembly each detail has to be established strictly on the former place.
4. Further, take the valve from a head of cylinders and remove a maslootrazhatelny cap from the directing plug. If there is a jamming of the valve in the directing plug, push it back in a head and an oselok or a file with small tooth accurately smooth out edges of a flute under installation of crackers.
6. After all components of the valvate mechanism are taken and put in an organized order, it is possible to start performing procedures of cleaning and check of a condition of a head (at full-scale recovery repair of the engine before finish its dismantling).